Institutional Repository @ University of Zimbabwe >
Institute of Development Studies (IDS) >
Consultancy Reports >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||Transport and Farm machinery study for Makoni District Union of Collective Co-operatives|
|Authors: ||Moyo, Sam|
|Item Type: ||Technical Report|
Makoni District Union
|Issue Date: ||Mar-1988|
|Publisher: ||Zimbabwe Institute of Development Studies|
|Citation: ||Moyo, Sam et al. (1988). Transport and Farm machinery study for Makoni District Union of Collective Co-operatives. Zimbabwe Institute of Development Studies; 33 p.|
|Series/Report no.: ||Consultancy Reports;10|
|Abstract: ||This study was commissioned by ZIDS, in its capacity as the main consultant to the
Makoni District Collective Co-operative Union Limited as part of a Master Study ZIDS is
carrying out for the MDCCU.
The aims and objectives of the study are embodied in the terms of reference below.
The Terms of Reference for the Transport and Farm Machinery Feasibility Study
The terms of reference as given to us by ZIDS were as follows:
• A brief historical development of the existing transport and farm machinery pool.
• Analysis of the economic and other activities of the existing pool focusing particularly
on capacity utilisation and service charges as well as the effectiveness and adequacy
of such services.
• Determine the key constraints facing the existing operations.
• Identify other services that demancj opportunities/potentials.
• Determine the appropriate levels of both short-term and long-term requirements
indicating approximate truck, trailer, tractor and implements capacities (sizes).
• Determine the. supportive infrastructural requirements e.g. workshop and fuel
• Address any other relevant issues/recommendations and factors that may arise in the
course of this exercise. The study will be expected to make recommendations about
the findings and operational strategies for the MDU. Such recommendations should
be concrete on which aspects require assistance and the nature of such assistance.|
|Appears in Collections:||Consultancy Reports|
Items in UZSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.